Changes to the ISO 14001 standard.
Monday, 15 June 2015
What are the main changes to the 14001 standard, and what are the affects on your organization?
The key changes to the 14001:2015 are:
- Greater focus on environmental management within the organization's strategic planning processes
- Focus on management's leadership
- Proactive initiatives to protect the environment has been added
- Environmental performance metrics have been added
- Lifecycle issues on environmental aspects
- A communications strategy has been added
Like other standard revisions (i.e. ISO 9001:2015), your organization has a three year transition period after the revised standard is published. After that period, any certification will be considered out of date. If you are looking to re-certify, you will need to use the new version of the standard.
Remember certification is optional.
To learn more about the standard revision contact ASR - we are an accredited ISO 14001 registrar. Or if you need a quote on certification - Click Here.