Thank you for your continued certification business! We appreciate all your help and patience in 2012! In the true spirit of partnership, you continue to work with us to schedule and reschedule audits when other clients need to make changes. You held our feet to the fire when audit schedules were delayed or audit reports were not timely but you also told us when we exceeded your expectations!
IT'S ALL ABOUT IMPROVEMENT!2012 was an exciting year for ASR and our clients! We added over 100 new clients in North America and another 60 internationally. Our North American family has grown to 610 clients with 750 certifications. Worldwide we have almost 1,600 certifications. You can view your certification status at www.iaar.org. (See page 7 for details) Many of our clients have experienced growth as well! They are adding employees, products and implementing new standards. All this activity is a positive indicator that for many industries the economy is moving forward.
Our talented pool of auditors changed and grew during 2012. We added many new auditors worldwide. Several auditors reduced their audit days in preparation for retiring and unfortunately we lost a good friend and auditor, Gus Trygstad, unexpectedly (see page 3). We are continuing to look for competent auditors for all standards and this is one of our top goals as we head into 2013!
ASR added a Quality Manager to our staff in January of 2012. Mr. Karl Dorr (see page 8) oversees all auditor management functions including recruitment of new auditors and training current audit staff. He is also working on the development of online training for our clients. Training topics will include: Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action, Internal Audits, Standards Overview and FMEA. If you are interested in a specific topic give Karl a call toll-free at 888-891-9002.
What to expect in 2013
- You asked—we listened! In 2013 we will revise our invoicing process to include both the audit fees and expenses on one invoice. Please remember to alert accounting that payment will be expected promptly.
- A change to the process for handling responses from your corrective actions. All nonconformance responses will be sent to the ASR office instead of directly to your auditor. This change should increase the turnaround time and improve communication and customer service back to you the client.
- A continued push for better root cause and systemic corrective actions. Remember if you don't fix the issues systemically you are likely to have the same continuing issues in the future. This can cost you time, money and often results in unhappy customers.
- Expanded services to include AS 9120 for Aerospace distributors and ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard.
- The addition of administrative staff for scheduling and customer support to better serve our growing clients needs.